Monday, April 2, 2012

Why I'm becoming suspicious

I just signed on, obviously, to my blogger site. But a screen came up I'd never seen before. It wanted me to add a mobile phone # to my account. One, I didn't know I had an "account". I thought I had a 'site'. A site, in my mind, seems a lot less involving and constricting than something called "an account". I have a 'bank account'...and I believe I understand what that means--a bank keeps my money and keeps 'account' of when my money comes in and goes out.

Plus, this screen told me that if I didn't register my mobile phone # I might lose accent to my blogger 'account' like if I forgot my password.

First of all, I have a dumb phone. All I can do it phone calls and texting. I've gotten a few texts along the line but never responded, trying to discourage people from 'texting' me. Today my good friend actually texted me to know if we were still having lunch. I actually responded by pressing '9' three times, 3 two times and 7 four times--YES is what I texted. I've never done that before. I feel violated and sullied.

If it hadn't been my dear friend I would have never done it.

I don't want to access my blog on my phone and I don't want "Blogger" to have my phone #.

Perhaps I've just lived too long.

I hate this stuff that rhymes with "Mitt".

And because of the trauma that screen wanting my cell phone #--which was hard to get past, let me tell you--caused me, I don't remember what I wanted to blog about.

What a post traumatic screen disorder can do!

Don't ever, ever text me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.