Friday, August 1, 2014

This is August in Connecticut?

We have windows open at 10:13 p.m. and air conditioning off!

I'm astonished by the summer in New England this year. We usually get 90's and 95% humidity in July and August. So far there's only been one day that I would consider Summer In New England. We sit outside and read most every day, Bern and I. I haven't cursed the gods of summer once yet.

So what's this about?

It tried to rain all afternoon but couldn't, yet there was a cool breeze and it wasn't humid.

I'm beginning to feel like I live on a mountain though Cheshire is probably about 300 feet above sea level--if that.

I'm not complaining...far from it...if this is August in New England I'm glad I live here!

I just don't get it.

But I'm not complaining...not a bit...keep August coming like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.