Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Posting the Igloo Factory

Tomorrow will be the last post of The Igloo Factory. I wrote and edited and reedited it over probably two decades.

I tried to send it to publishers but when I got a couple of rejections, I stopped. I'd like to believe that writing it was simply enough. But the truth probably is that I couldn't bear that people didn't see it the way I did.

As I've been posting the chapters, I've read them before clicking 'publish' and every time, I've done so with a tear in my eye.

I love what I've written. It isn't autobiographical at all. I made it up out of the flotsom and jetsam of the later years of the 1960's, when I became an adult. I did live in Cambridge, MA for two years so the geography is accurate. And I AM in it, in my fictional self. Krista and Reed meet Richard David Lucas, who is a student at Harvard Divinity School and did know about the Buffalo in Buchannan, West Virginia. That's as near me as can be.

If you haven't read it, consider that possibility and go back to Chapter 1, not much more than a week ago, and read from there. If it doesn't catch you, stop. But give it a shot. OK?

I poured much of myself into The Igloo Factory over the years. It's very special to me.

I'd like to share it with whoever I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.