Tomorrow will be the last post of The Igloo Factory. I wrote and edited and reedited it over probably two decades.
I tried to send it to publishers but when I got a couple of rejections, I stopped. I'd like to believe that writing it was simply enough. But the truth probably is that I couldn't bear that people didn't see it the way I did.
As I've been posting the chapters, I've read them before clicking 'publish' and every time, I've done so with a tear in my eye.
I love what I've written. It isn't autobiographical at all. I made it up out of the flotsom and jetsam of the later years of the 1960's, when I became an adult. I did live in Cambridge, MA for two years so the geography is accurate. And I AM in it, in my fictional self. Krista and Reed meet Richard David Lucas, who is a student at Harvard Divinity School and did know about the Buffalo in Buchannan, West Virginia. That's as near me as can be.
If you haven't read it, consider that possibility and go back to Chapter 1, not much more than a week ago, and read from there. If it doesn't catch you, stop. But give it a shot. OK?
I poured much of myself into The Igloo Factory over the years. It's very special to me.
I'd like to share it with whoever I can.
- ► 2018 (139)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- Doing my sums--Anthony and Ron
- how things go....
- The Blizzard came...sort of....
- Waiting for The Blizzard
- my weather junkie....
- Oh, my Lord, it's getting better and better...
- Last two chapters of the Igloo Factory
- Posting the Igloo Factory
- The joy of cabbage stalk
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eleven
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eight, nine and ten
- The itch you can't scratch...
- On my way to Killingworth this morning...
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Seven
- A confession I regret already
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Six
- The three worst jokes I know (and wish I didn't)
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Five
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Four
- "Body Pain" and a name I can't remember
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Three
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Two
- The Igloo Factory
- Red Eye?
- How I'm different from the Puli
- Je suis Charlie
- I look at pictures....
- So cold the moon
- OK, I've had it with the NYPD
- Another unpreached sermon
- Home again
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)