Sunday, October 25, 2015

A lot like work

I love my little job with the Middlesex Area Cluster Ministry and the three churches in that Cluster--gems all. I really do. It's great fun.

But the last few days--and tomorrow--it has felt a lot more like 'work' than 'fun'.

Friday night: wedding rehearsal in Higganum.

Saturday night: Harvest Dinner in Northford.

Sunday: 9 am service in Higganum; 11 a.m. talk to wedding couple in Killingworth; 2:30 wedding in Higganum and glass of wine at reception; 4 p.m. Wake in Middletown.,

Tomorrow: 10:30 am and 1:30 pm graveside services.

I'm not complaining and I'm honored and humbled to do all these things. But the last few days haven't felt like a 12 hour a week job in my retirement!

Just me talkin'. I'm not used to some much activity. I haven't read a single book since Friday. Puts me behind....

But I do love the Cluster and the people there....

I'm not complaining.

Just, please, not every week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.