Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ireland

I'm going to Ireland Saturday to help with a Making a Difference workshop.

I'll have a great time and learn so much about myself and love the Irish to bits.

And I don't want to go!!!

I'm old enough to tell the truth. I hate to travel.

I love being there, but getting there isn't 'half the fun' for me. I really don't like it.

I am, now I can admit, an unrepentant 'home-body'.

If someone told me I would never sleep another night that wasn't in Cheshire I would shake their hand and thank them!

Getting to and dealing with JFK airport is a nightmare out of the fifth ring of hell for me.

And though I don't mind flying, it does take up a lot of time and put me in discomfort.

I just don't get the mystery and wonder of travel.

Our vacation each year involves getting to a beach in North Carolina and staying there!

I like 'being put' is what it comes down to. Moving around the country and the world has no mystique for me.

95 Cornwall Avenue--now that's mystery and mystique and wonder to me. Right in our house I love so much.

That's what gives me joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.