Saturday, February 18, 2017

But bless their hearts...

I wrote a few days ago about how my WVU Mountaineer sports teams will always, as Bern tells me, 'break your heart'.

So today, behind at home to Texas Tech at half, I went to the store to buy stuff for dinner.

In essence, I let them down the way they let me down so much.

When I came home I went on line and saw they won 83-74 in double overtime. Which means they outscored TT by 9 in the second overtime.

Bless their hearts.

I should have hung in there and brought them home rejoicing.

Instead I bought broccoli and thin cut pork chops (because I can't find smoked pork chops anywhere any more).

My bad.

I love you Mounties!

I won't doubt you again, though  you'll break my heart....

(Is this a dysfunctional relationship???)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.