Monday, February 20, 2017

Every silver lining has a cloud

Silver Lining: We paid off our mortgage!!! (which I can only spell with spell check--what's with that 't'? No one says "Mort-gage".

Cloud #1: All the paperwork came the other day so we could have our credit union taken off the deed and I was going to the Town Hall to do it and found Town Hall deserted. Oh, right, I told myself--Presidents' Day!

Cloud #2: I was looking over the paper work from the credit union when I discovered it referred to our property as '25 Cornwall Avenue'. There is no 25 on Cornwall Avenue. We're the second house on the left and we're '95'.

Cloud #3: I called the Federal Credit Union we belong to to ask them to correct the mistake and no one answered!

Oh, yeal, Presidents' Day....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.