Saturday, March 17, 2018

how long it's been

If you wonder if I'll ever stop writing about Bela dog--24 hours dead now--the answer is I don't know.

But here's what reminds me of how long he was with us.

We got him before Josh and Cathy got married (their 13th anniversary is coming up).

Mimi and Tim weren't even together.

I was still working full time and would be for  over 5 more years. I've been retired nearly 8 years.

None of our grandchildren were born.

I was just turned 57 and Bern was 54.

George W. Bush was beginning getting ready to run for his second term.

9/ll was only 2 1/2 years before.

It was the year 'The Apprentice" debuted and no one on earth thought the host would run for President.

The Red Sox won the World Series.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King won the Oscar and The Sopranos won the emmy.

It's been a long time that we shared our home and our lives with that round, odd, black and hairy Puli.

How could I just 'move on'?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.