Sunday, November 18, 2018

A cold to write home about...or, on my blog

I've had the cold of the century, the grand-father of all colds, the cold to write home about, one home-made shit of a cold for a week.

It started last Sunday. I was afraid my snot would fall into the communion wine. I had tissues in both pockets of my alb and used the sanitizing lotion up at the altar half-a-dozen times.

It started with Bern 4 or 5 days earlier. She graciously shared it with me--who says married couples should share everything!!!

Her cold had gone to her chest when my cold was still in my head. But mine got lower down soon enough. If I didn't use a C-path machine at night I would have never slept. But sleep I did--10 hours a night every night. With cough syrup, chest congestion pills, nose spray and finally, prednizone, I've gotten better and better. Food still doesn't taste right and if I do anything physical I have a shortness of breath.

But I do believe I'll survive.

May you remain cold free--it's a bitch, let my tell you.

And whatever else you do as Thanksgiving approaches--pray for the people of California and the fire fighters and the environment.   And give thanks if you don't live there.

Be well and stay well, Umfandusi....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.