Monday, September 9, 2019

I never felt this way before

I'm one of those people who always expect the 'best' from others. I genuinely think people are good and virtuous and sane. Oh, I am aware there are people who aren't all that, but I withhold judgment for the most part.

But now, when I know 37 to 40% of the people in this country are 'on the Trump train', I am feeling different than I ever felt before.

I don't know many of them and have little to do with those I do know, but I've never felt this way before.

Those who adore a man I think is an extreme egoistic narcissist and most likely sociopathic suddenly make me anxious.

I never felt this way about those who loved Regan or either of the Bushes. Though I didn't agree with their policies, I respected their character. And those who supported them were simply people who didn't think the way I did.

But those who support this President without question are beyond my ken and understanding.

I just don't get it.

And it makes me anxious that there are over a third of the folks out there who think everything is alright--even 'good'--when I think the nation is falling apart.

I never felt this way before.

I'm not sure what to do about that.

Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.