I've been a baseball fan for almost all my life. I played Little League (first base--good glove, poor bat) for years.
And I've always been a Yankee fan.
So I wanted the stinking Astro's, who eliminated the Yankees, to lose.
Which looked possible after the first two games (Astro's swept in Houston by the Nat's). And then impossible after the next 3 games (Nat's swept in three in DC).
But then, Washington won both game 6 and 7 in Houston.
Realize what that means?
Neither team won a home game.
During the regular season the National's were 50 and 31 at home--63%. And they lost all three games at home. Statistics said they should have won 2 of them.
The Astro's had the best home field and total win total in the major league. They won 107 games and were 60 and 21 at home (74%). With that record they should have won 3 of their 4 home games in the WS. But they lost them all!
In my 60+ years of loving baseball, I've never seen anything like it.
The visiting team won every game.
A great World Series!!!
- ► 2020 (335)
- Advent 1 sermon (if the snow lets me preach it)
- Snow on the way
- The day after....
- Thanksgiving and a poem
- Advent I
- One of the many things I don't know
- Nobody, I mean 'nobody' read this....
- Another old sermon
- Christmas Eve
- OK, I've been neglecting my blog
- Don't give me s*** about gun control
- Something I wrote
- Went to West Park
- Are you paying attention?
- Shut up Hillary and go away Michael
- full moon
- Calling Mejol
- Cosmic moment
- Home again, home again, jiggidy jig
- Going to Baltimore
- More old stuff--more than a decade old but worth p...
- Democrats rejoice!
- Setting the record straight--avoiding prosecution
- November in Connecticut
- TRUTH and FACT
- We're no longer saving daylight...
- OK, the World Series
- ▼ November (28)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)