Friday, November 1, 2019

OK, the World Series

I've been a baseball fan for almost all my life. I played Little League (first base--good glove, poor bat) for years.

And I've always been a Yankee fan.

So I wanted the stinking Astro's, who eliminated the Yankees, to lose.

Which looked possible after the first two games (Astro's swept in Houston by the Nat's). And then impossible after the next 3 games (Nat's swept in three in DC).

But then, Washington won both game 6 and 7 in Houston.

Realize what that means?

Neither team won a home game.

During the regular season the National's were 50 and 31 at home--63%. And they lost all three games at home. Statistics said they should have won 2 of them.

The Astro's had the best home field and total win total in the major league. They won 107 games and were 60 and 21 at home (74%). With that record they should have won 3 of their 4 home games in the WS. But they lost them all!

In my 60+ years of loving baseball, I've never seen anything like it.

The visiting team won every game.

Amazing. Confounding.

A great World Series!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.