Friday, August 13, 2021

2020 census

 According the the census data, white population dropped 6% in the last 10 years.

Black, Latino and Asian-American populations all grew.

I say--GOOD NEWS!

White people (an I am one of them) cause more problems for our country than all the other groups combined. Think of January 6 and the White Power rally in Charlottesville and Q-anon, among others. Attacks on Asians continue to climb, Black Americans suffer from the police, and Latinos are denied the immigration our ancestors took advantage of.

The three churches I served as a full-time priest: St. James in Charleston, WV (a predominately Black church); St. Paul's, New Haven (1/3 Black) and St. John's, Waterbury (1/3 Black--mostly from the West Indies and a Hispanic congregation of over 100 on most Sundays)--those were places where I learned what it meant to people of color of White dominance.

My daughter-in-law is Asian. She's a judge and her father and two brothers are doctors.

Come save us Asian-Americans!

I hope I live long enough to live in a country where White people are in the minority.

That will be the day America is truly GREAT again....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.