Wednesday, September 29, 2021

I usually hate the internet

I'm a devout Baby Boomer, so I am not tech savvy.

I usually hate the internet, but sometimes it can do wonders.

Like today.

For a week I've been trying to remember a rhyme I've known for years.

It goes like this: "I never saw a ??? I never hope to see one. But I can tell you right now, I'd rather see than be one."

So I go on line and find out what I've never seen.

A purple cow.

It's a poem by Gelett Burgess written in the 1890's and admired by Emily Dickinson.

Go figure.

Pondering something you don't quite remember--go on line and remember....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.