Saturday, October 30, 2021

Despair and Exultation!

I was about to set off to pick up the pizza we ordered for dinner (Margarita with anchovies, if you're interested) when I discovered my keys and wallet weren't where I always put them.

I was stunned.

Bern and I searched high and low. Bern went to my car to see if I'd left them there.

"I had them yesterday," I said full of anquish.

"Did you go out yesterday?" she asked.

She said I didn't and I half believed her.

But luckily, I believed her enough to go check my laundry bag.

Sure enough, they were in the pants I wore 'day before yesterday'!

Finding them gave me such a rush of adrenaline that I went to pick up the pizza and some wine with the cane I always use outside.

Didn't realize I'd left it until I saw it when I brought the pizza into the kitchen.

Despair and exultation within a few minutes of each other.... 

In the best order too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.