Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OK, I screwed up...quite a bit...

The Great Seal of WV was kinda like I said, but not really.

First of all, the date was June 20, 1863--I knew that back when we were doing The Golden Horseshoe test of WV history over 50 years ago!

I got the buckskin guy, but he's holding an ax, not a gun.

two hunting rifles are on the ground with a Phrygian Cap (google it) or 'cap of liberty' laying on them. There are growing vegetables and a hammer and anvil.

I got like 50% right. It's a lot more complicated than some garlands and a church steeple, that's what I saying and standing for.

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

(I probably misspelled some of that on my first try.)

But it is true, believe me, "Mountaineers are always free...."

They just are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.