Saturday, October 8, 2011

When Amish folks go bad

So, I read and watched this astonishing report today about some rogue Amish in Ohio.

It seems one 'tribe' of Amish have been invading the homes of other Amish and cutting the women's hair and the men's beards.

Somehow, from the Bible, the Amish people have discerned that women should never cut their hair and men must have a beard. So this terrorist Amish activity takes away all their authenticity and pride along with a lot of hair.

If I'd read this on April 1, I would have known it was an April Fool's joke--I mean, really, Amish amok, give me a break. It's like a Baptist bar or a Jewish pork chop. Stuff like this doesn't happen, does it?

I guess it does. God help us when the Amish start being violent. What's next--Hindu's killing cows, Muslims drunk and disorderly, Episcopalians eating salad with their shrimp fork?

Where does it all end, I ask you--Michelle Bachman supporting pro-choice and gay marriage....vegans opening a steak house...

When the Amish get out of control what chance do we have to be rational?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.