Monday, May 27, 2024

Falling down at Memorial Eve picnic

 Bern and I went to an afternoon picnic at a good friend's house.

It was a great crowd and wondrous food.

But before all that, I fell down.

My knees make stairs difficult--especially going up.

I went down to the porch to get some wine (first glass,  so that didn't make me fall.

There are five stone steps from the porch to the back yard with nothing to hold on to.

The fourth step got me and I sprawled on the walk and some gravel, spilling my wine.

Bern came--put a bandage on my bloody elbow and helped me up.

It was more embarrassing than painful.

I should take my cane when I go out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.