Thursday, September 27, 2012

Poem (of sorts) for Bern while she was away

Where are you?

I keep listening for you moving around
in the TV room,
walking downstairs to smoke,
making noise somewhere.

I know you're gone to West Virginia.
I took you to the airport,
for goodness sake.

Yet, I keep listening for you
moving around in our house,
so used to you being there.

I guess I'll take the Puli
out to pee,
and check on the Yankee score,
and have a snack
or just go to bed
and lay there
waiting for you to come, wondering
where you are,
missing you in my space
more than I imagined I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.