Friday, March 15, 2013

a cold day

Temperature, like most everything is relative. Today has seemed so cold to me I could hardly stand it. And yet, it isn't nearly as cold as it was a week or so ago. It's just that a few days of 40+ degrees spoils me and when it drops back to 30 it feels like 15.

But it's also been a 'cold' day, in that I have a terrible cold. Bern does too. We move around the house like zombies on Valium, wading through the air, struggling up the stairs, practically falling into chairs on onto sofas. I feel like I feel in those dreams when you really, really have to be somewhere and you're trying to run as fast as you can and it's like moving through molasses. I'd bet you've  had a few of those dreams too.

So I read a whole book today and ate a lot (it is "feed a cold and starve a fever" isn't it?) and did, oh, not much else.

I have to take the dog out one more time before bed and I may just wear all the clothes I own because it feels so cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.