Thursday, August 23, 2012

This one is going out for Mikey....

So, we were in Baltimore for a week with the three granddaughters. Josh and Cathy left on Tuesday morning for a two night trip to NYC for Josh's birthday. So Bern and I had the three little monst...angels...to ourselves for three days and two nights. It all went well, better than we could have imagined...sleeping through the night, taking naps each day, hours in the pool on the back deck and doing 'experiments' with vinegar and baking soda and cornstarch and bubbles. Eating food faster than I could get it ready--two quarts of strawberries, half a dozen cucumbers (only Emma takes salt) a whole watermelon, two pounds of bacon, more pistachios than you can imagine (I still have shell under my finger nails!) On and on. Eating, playing, reading books, water play, "James and the Giant Peach", some Ice Age movie, The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner movie, on and on.

So, when we got back I needed several days to be back to what I call 'normal' for myself. Because of the trip and almost terminal tiredness, I haven't written much on my blog.

Today I get an email from Mike Miano (a friend from high school and a college roomate one year) quoting a Psalm about 'waiting on the Lord' and saying 'don't make me beg.'

So, I'm back Mike and this blog's for you....Thanks for giving me a nudge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.