Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I do

Having proved myself inept by Bern's standards of most any duty in the house or yard (I can't vacuum well, dusting--forget it, making beds--zero, mowing lawn--no way: all I do is cook (I can cook and we share it, wash my own clothes, take out the garbage and recycle stuff and clean the litter box.

Seems little enough, right? But I do the dirty work...garbage and kitty litter, that takes a real man!

Someone who worked with me years ago told me, "You do 'nothing' better than anyone I've ever known." I don't think she meant it as a compliment, but I took it that way. I am rather accomplished at 'doing nothing'. I have, perhaps, brought inactivity to the level of an art form. I am remarkably good at sitting and thinking...or, just sitting....

Bern may someday wonder if I am inept because I'm inept or if there is a bit of clever misdirection in it all. But, until then, I'm delighted to do almost nothing and sit and think...or just sit....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.