Friday, April 21, 2017

Bern's vines

I am know far and wide for 'not paying attention'. My daughter even thinks I have ADD, though I don't think that goes that far. I just don't notice stuff. I live in my mind much of the time and the physical world is 'just there', just beyond my ken.

Bern moves furniture around, something I'd never do. And sometimes I think she does it just to see how long it takes me to notice the chair/couch/table is in a different place.

Out on the porch today, in the mist that has lasted most of the day, I realized, for the first really 'realizing' time, that Bern has four vines on the deck. Until a couple of weeks ago--or a week--linear time is another of my ADD things (though I'm not ADD!!!!) they were all inside, climbing around, twirling and vine-ing like vines do, until Bern took them out of the deck.

I'd just never counted them before (much less noticed them much!) But there are four. One is a real clinger that I've watched for years. When she took it out she had to cut it off the dining room curtain! And when she brings it in in the Autumn, she'll have to cut it off the rhododrodendrum and the evergreen branches near our deck--as well as the deck itself.

What I know for sure is I have no idea on earth what any of them are called and have only today realized their number.

Bern worries about and cares for the 'stuff' in our lives. Good for her. She's the only one who can do it....

Four vines I've lived with for years--indoors and outdoors--and only today counted!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.