Thursday, August 17, 2023

Fruit flies

 Michael on our face-time Tuesday with 5 others, reminded me of something I'd forgotten about.

Michael had been a Roman Catholic deacon who remarried after his wife died and the church did not approve.

He became an Episcopalian and then a deacon and then a priest.

He followed me as Rector of St. John's after I retired.

I mentioned fruit flies in our house and he told the story of my doing a Eucharist and waving above the chalice from time  to time.

He asked me what my motions meant, thinking they were Episcopal ritual.

And I said, "fruit flies around the chalice."

I'm so glad for that memory.

Fruit flies are everywhere--one just flew past the screen and I was typing this....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.