Sunday, August 6, 2023

It never rained and I couldn't sleep well last night

The Friday rainstorm never came, I don't know why. The weather folks, like all of us get things wrong sometimes.

That would be a good motto for life: "I get things wrong sometimes."

Last night I couldn't get to sleep. Don't think I did until nearly 3 a.m. A little congestion didn't help, but mostly it was the weather.

We haven't used air conditioning for several days--pretty weird for August!

Last night the window was open and a fan on.

I would get cold (cold in August!) and cover up and get too warm and uncover and get too cold again.

That went on for several hours.

When I finally slept I had very strange and a tad disturbing dreams.]

I don't remember them now but know they were strange and disturbing.

And I got up at 7:45 to go to Milton for church.

Then in the service I had to miss the recessional hymn to go to the bathroom so I didn't poop my vestments!

Luckily I made it.

A strange few days, but church was great....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.