Saturday, February 10, 2024

A bad few days

 Thursday I tried to copy my sermon from my documents here and hit the wrong thing and erased it instead.

Luckily I'd coped a hard copy.

Then Friday I choked on a piece of steak at dinner and thought I'd got it out but spend 18 hours unable to swallow.

I was about to go to the emergency room but Bern asked our pharmacist recommended Emetrol--a liquid to take a bit of every 15 minutes.

I threw up part of the first dose, but after the second I could swallow again.

We had been ready, if Emetrol didn't work to go to the emergency room.

But it worked and I'll take a 5th dose before bed.

So, I will be able to go to church tomorrow and preach the sermon I accidentally erased.

I should say--and will say--"Thank the Lord!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.