Sunday, November 30, 2014

Enough dressing already....

Thanksgiving was three days ago. I ate Thanksgiving dinner with my family and our four dear friends. Then, later, I ate more turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with pecans, green bean casserole, the dressing I made (apples, onions, walnuts, currents, celery, two sticks of butter and bread) and gravy.

Friday, I twice ate turkey, dressing, mashed and sweet potatoes, green beans and gravy.

Saturday, I once ate all that except for the green beans.

Today, I had what I had yesterday for a meal.

Enough, already! I think the reason we seldom have the traditional Thanksgiving meal any other time is that we eat it at least 6 times!

I told Bern that I was through with all the Thanksgiving stuff. It is dead to me. Tomorrow I eat mussels.

You just can't eat that stuff that many times and stay sane....

Except for the gravy. I could eat gravy once a day forever. In fact, where I come from, gravy of all kinds qualifies as a food group. I hope it is always on the menu in some iteration in the Kingdom that is to come.

I can always eat gravy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.