Love Story, that Eric Seagel novel and movie, said--abjectly wrongly--'love is never saying you're sorry.'
Love is, in my mind, abject apology. Being in love is always admitting you're wrong and apologizing.
Just today, asked three times by a Washington Post reporter, if Donald Trump believed President Obama was born in the USA, Trump did not apologize for his 'birther' nonsense.
Trump is unable to say he's sorry for anything. He cannot apologize to anyone.
In my mind, that makes him incapable of love.
Do you want a President incapable of love?
- ► 2017 (248)
- Enough about me...
- Wrestling with feeling 'helpless'
- What it's like right now....
- I'm back...actually, I never left!
- Puli to Holiday Hill
- Love is abject apology
- Oak Island
- West Virginia again...
- 9/11 sermon
- Colin Kaepernick has the First Amendment on his si...
- a steel cage match might work...
- Brooklyn and back
- Going to see Ellie tomorrow
- Humbled, again....
- school starts next Monday...for me...
- 46 (actually 52) and counting
- Lee's sermon
- Things on the refrigerator
- Rest in Peace, Lee
- OK, here's where I am today about 'belief'
- ▼ September (22)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)