Wednesday, July 25, 2018

wait a few minutes

Last couple of days has proven the old saw I hear in Connecticut from time to time--'don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes.'

From the time I've spent in Ireland, I've heard the same aphorism. In fact, once in Sligo, Republic of Ireland, the only time Bern went me on my trips to the Emerald Isle, in the course of 20 minutes in April, it rained, then snowed, then the sun shone, then it rained and sun shone and sleeted until the sun came out again. Amazing.

The last few days have been like that here in the Nutmeg State.

Yesterday, with the sun shining, I drove to the Cheshire Library (3 to 10 minutes depending on which and how many of the three red lights I get). When I got there I sat in the car for 10 minutes or so because it was raining so hard. Went to the library under clouds and came out 10 minutes later to sun. Drove to Stop and Shop (a three minute drive) and sat in the car for 10 minutes because it was raining so hard. Went into the grocery store with some sunshine and came out to clouds. Drove the 5 minutes back home and sat in the car for 10 minutes because it was raining so hard. Went in the house under clouds and joined Bern on our back porch in sunshine.

I kid you not. All that in under an hour.

Don't like the weather in Connecticut?

Wait a few minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.