Saturday, October 9, 2021

I burnt the hell out of my hand!

I fixed marvelous swordfish steak for dinner.

I seared it on both sides after rinsing and patting it dry, adding olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sage and parsley.

Then I put it in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes.

I took it out of the oven with an oven glove, but trying to get it nearer the plates, I took the metal handle of the cast iron skillet in my right hand.

I threw a fork I was holding across the kitchen, screamed obscenities and ran across the room to put my head on the wall.

Bern told me to hold it under cold water and put a wet paper towel on it.

I did that.

We both agreed it was magnificent swordfish, but my hand still hurts after several doses of cold water and antibiotic salve.

My 'right hand', I might add--the hand I do everything with from opening doors to writing with a pen to wiping myself after going to the bathroom.

I'm getting antibiotic salve on my keyboard writing this.

I may have blisters by morning.

400 degrees us Hot! Hot!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.