Tuesday, October 19, 2021

It's not that bad

My post yesterday was written in depression about getting older.

But it did end with "it's not that bad".

And it's not.

A lot better than the alternative.

I still have a full life at 74. I love my wife of 50+ years, my children and their families, our friends and all the churches I've served. Plus, I love my dog.

Cheshire is a dog-friendly town. Our three neighbors on this side of the street all have dogs. So do two of the three across the street and the one that doesn't had her dog die a few months ago.

Brigit is amazing. But she has a growth on her belly we thought was a nipple until Bern took her to the vet today. Next Wednesday they're going to remove it and clean her teeth while she's asleep from the surgery. She was a rescue from Georgia and her teeth are not good. She also is over-weight and we're cutting back on her food and treats.

Who isn't overweight during the Pandemic?

Me, that's who. When I visited the cardiologist my weight was 187. It was 219 a year or two ago.

I don't know why. I don't think I'm eating as much.

Anyway, that's good.

Lots in my aging life is very special and very good.

And even what isn't is better than the alternative.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.