Saturday, October 2, 2021

Why?

Why do baseball players spit so much?

I've been watching baseball on TV for a week now.

The season is too long and games are too long and, let's face it, compared to football and basketball and even tennis, baseball is boring.

But I've been watching because my Yankees might make the wild-card game.

And I've noticed, not for the first time, how much baseball players spit.

If they were chewing tobacco, as many used to, it would make some sense. I chewed tobacco in my teen years and loved it. My teeth didn't.

But they're blowing bubbles from bubble gum, or eating nuts, but they spit all the time.

Basketball players never spit.

Nor to tennis players.

Football players might but their helmets keep you from knowing.

But baseball players--spit, spit and spit some more.

How come?

I just can't figure it out.

Spit, spit, spit.

Why?

Let me know if you know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.