Thursday, December 28, 2023

An even better day

 Today my daughter, Mimi, dropped off my granddaughter, Eleanor, for an overnight with us while Mimi went on to New York on the train.`

Eleanor is 7 and much more interested in Bern than me.

She's much more interested in Brigit, our dog, than me.

But just being around her makes me joyful and full of wonder.

Someday, in a few years, I'll have the 'only child' talk with her.

Being an only child is a whole different experience than having siblings around.

I think I can help her recognize the good parts and negotiate the not so good parts.

I wish I'd had an 'only child' mentor....

Her being here makes the day special and unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.