Sunday, December 31, 2023

My least favorite holiday

I don't like New Year's Eve.

Never have, really.

We don't go out--though we have standing invitations to an annual New Year's Eve dinner party.

I think we should reflect on the Old Year rather than celebrate and drink too much to the new one.

2023 was not a stellar year.

Two horrible wars going on.

States taking away a woman's rights to say what happens to her body.

High anger toward GLBTQ rights.

A former President under 91 felony charges.

The bad year the Yankees had (needed to add that).

Homelessness and poverty on the rise in a very good economy.

Books being banned.

Mass shootings and no move in Congress for gun control.

Racism rampant.

On and on the list goes.

I'm glad to say good-bye to 2023.

But I'm not convinced 2024 will improve things much.

"Thoughtful Pondering in the New Year" is my greeting tonight....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.