Sunday, June 30, 2024

St. Peter's, Cheshire

 The service today was good--I only messed up a couple of times.

In every church I've ever served, a lay person leads the Psalm. Not at St. Peter's. I sat for about a minute when one of the chalice bearers came about 40 feet to tell me I was to lead it. (The altar area is huge!)

Then I forgot to ask for announcements so a woman in the congregation stood up to tell me so.

The other things is that after communion the wine gets taken away. I don't know what they do with it.

I tell people from time to time that I became a priest so I could finish the wine after communion.

That might even be true....

The music was great and the group of 50 or so seemed to like the service.

So, that's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.