Saturday, August 10, 2024

no church tomorrow

 My contract only allows me to do 3 Sundays a month at Trinity. Milton.

Tomorrow is my Sunday off this month.

I jokingly said at a Wednesday Bible Study at Trinity that "I keep working even though retired because if I wasn't celebrating I wouldn't go to church."

People laughed.

But I long ago realized that jokes are often ways to tell an uncomfortable truth.

That's what that one is.

On my Sundays off I either take a supply job or don't go to church.

I'm a priest, not a church-goer.

That may sound like a contradiction.

But for me, it's true.

I love church when I'm preaching and celebrating.

Otherwise, not so much.

Alas....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.