Sunday, November 21, 2010

full moon

The moon is full and surrounded by fog.

I walked my dog a bit ago and he seemed hyper-alert, moving his head, stopping to stare, suddenly changing direction.

The full moon in Cheshire is one thing--in Waterbury it was another.

We could tell for several days that the moon was coming full. Folks who were on the edge were even edgier. Folks over the edge were outright lunatics.

Working in a city church convinced me forever and without a doubt that it isn't just the tides the moon pulls. It pulls emotions too, and mightily.

I actually miss the craziness of full moon at St. John's.

Now only my dog and me are looney....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.