I've gotten over my upset about the Anglican Covenant until the next time it comes up!
I went to Northford today to do church. It's a great little congregation, part of the Middlesex Cluster. There was a baptism. I love baptisms.
Afterwards someone said, "I liked how you told us what you were doing as you went along...."
I honestly didn't remember doing that but as I think back it was a kind of 'instructed baptism'.
The little girl was Emma, same name as one of my granddaughters, so I loved her already.
There was a need organist and we did "Amazing Grace" and "Shall we gather by the River". Couldn't get better than that.
There were 43 people there--looking back in the service book, that was a big crowd.
I worry about the church. Little churches like this are on the edge financially, even with the Cluster to hold them together. Actually, churches a tier or two higher than St. Andrew's are in trouble. I have a friend who is retiring because his parish wants a half-time priest.
Pray for the church.
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ADVENT--the last time I promise
- Advent (one more time...)
- A Promise
- Comfort Food
- fallacy of the undetermined result....
- full moon
- good Sunday
- The Real Instruments of Unity
- The Four Instruments of Anglican Unity
- "pretend that...."
- my hat
- The Truth that dares not say its name...
- the Anglican Covenant...no....Autonomy...si...
- mislabling and the Bible
- Memory Lane is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn...
- Creatures in the walls
- A Treasure Trove
- To the 8th ring of hell...
- the meaning of humility
- ▼ November (21)