I just finished Joyce Carrol Oats' novel The Man with no Shadow.
Lordy, Lordy, it shook me up!
It's about an amnesiac and the psycho-neurologist who studies him for three decades.
Halfway through I started thinking I had amnesia. By the end I was broken hearted.
It is quite a trip. But not for the faint of heart.
Risk it if you want....
Don't blame me if you do.....
- ► 2017 (234)
- When will the madness end?
- Memorial Day
- "moral realism"
- Sudden Summer
- One thing I forgot about my dreams....
- Anxiety dreams
- Sleep really is the best medicine
- feeling old
- almost meaningless theological musings
- read this book at your own risk
- Happy Anniversary to me!
- Pentecost sermon I won't give
- What would Dwight Eisenhower (or my father) think
- Web woes affect people differently
- Spring comes to Connecticut
- Mother's Day
- Something I remembered tonight
- getting hurt...getting old
- you won't have Ted Cruz to kick around any more
- Farm Foolish
- memo to the DCCC
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)