Sunday, January 19, 2020

My prayer

It's the prayer I say before every Eucharist with the participants before we go in.

I used it to end my sermon today at St. Andrews.

And I say it to myself several times a day.

It goes like this:

GOD, OPEN MY HEART TO RECEIVE YOUR LOVE.

OPEN MY MIND TO RECEIVE YOUR TRUTH.

OPEN MY LIFE TO DO YOUR WORK IN THE WORLD.

I'm not sure what else I would pray for.

So, I'm sticking with it.

I seldom suggest that you 'do something', but I do urge you to ponder using this as your prayer.

"God, open my heart to receive your love. Open my mind to receive your truth. Open my life to do your work in the world."

Give it a try. It works or me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.