Friday, August 26, 2022

Last post for a week

We dropped Brigit at Holiday Hills Pet Lodge (nice name!) this afternoon and we're leaving from Tweed at 6 a.m. tomorrow....

Today is International Dog Day--seems a bit harsh to leave her at the Pet Lodge today.

A cloud burst happened just as I pulled in the driveway. By the time I got to the front porch, soaking wet, it stopped. Sitting in the car for 2 minutes would have kept me dry.

The suitcases are in the trunk of my car.

We're ready to go.

It will be a great week, but I'll miss Brigit and miss posting here.

Be well and stay well, Umfandusi.

(A South African parting words--'Umfandusti" means "good friends".)

And you are that to me.

"I'll see you in September."

(A song lyric, I think.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.