Monday, January 2, 2017

Not stupid...worse....

I found a pin for Bern for her stocking that said "Stop Making Stupid People Famous".

Bern hates stupidity, so it was perfect for her.

I only wish Donald Trump (dare I type it...? 'our next President'?) was 'stupid'.

He isn't stupid by a long shot. He wouldn't be where he is if he were stupid. Seldom do stupid people create amazing buildings, incredible golf courses and run multi-billion dollar businesses.

But stupid people also don't get elected President.

Trump's problem isn't that he's 'stupid', it's that he's an undeniable and probably terminal narcissist.

Being a narcissist doesn't prevent you from being famous or successful...it just makes it impossible for you to be a) rational, b) reasonable and c) able to engage others as equals.

A 2012 book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[7]
(all that was from Wikipedia)

And it seems clear to me that most, if not all of that makes Donald Trump like the Greek character, Narcissus, who fell in love with his reflection in a pool of water.

I am close to more than one Narcissist. I like them, more or less.They are 'charming' (because they want you to admire them) and 'engaging' in an odd way that has to do with always being attentive to their lives.  But I know their psychological disposition and make sure not to provoke them unless it is ethically necessary for me to be who I am.

But I've never be in a position where 'my leader' was a narcissist.

So, what comes next is a new experience for me.

Narcissists are not easy to deal with because they lack the ability to (as I said above) be rational, reasonable and see others as equals.

God help us, I'd say. And I really need to believe in a God more interested in politics than the one I believe in to get God's help in this.....

I wish he were just stupid.....

That I could deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.