Saturday, February 1, 2020

All over but the shouting

The impeachment of the president is over.

By a party vote, he will be declared fit to stay in office.

No witnesses or further evidence.

All over but the shouting.

And shouting there will be!

By the president claiming 'total exoneration'.

And by the Democrats shouting about how unfair the process in the Senate was.

Shouting aplenty! I promise you that.

75% of Americans, in several polls, wanted witnesses and evidence.

They won't get them.

What will be the political implications of this fake trial?

I'm not sure. But I know what I hope for. Americans realizing how dangerous this president is and voting him out of office big time.

That I hope and hope fair well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.