Friday, June 24, 2022

His Shadow Falls

 The former President (whose name will not be printed here) is out of office. But his shadow fell over the Supreme Courts over turning of Roe v. Wade.

It was primarily the justices he appointed that voted to overturn in the 6-3 decision.

I'll let others, more savvy than I, do the details for you.

If you turn on the news you'll hear them all.

I'll just say that the audacity of over turning what has been the law of the land for 50 years has plunged our country back into the 1950's==bad times for women.

I've said before but will say again, just to be clear--I do not like abortion.

However, what I truly 'hate' is any branch of government telling us what we can and cannot do with our bodies.

My body is mine and yours is yours.

The right to 'choose' is a sacred right.

And the court has ripped that right away from women today.

The motto of Planned Parenthood is "We Won't Go Back!"

That should be our motto to as we work to reclaim reproductive rights for women.

Refuse to 'Go Back'!

Refuse and stand up for women's rights!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.