Saturday, September 10, 2022

9/11

 It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be the 21st anniversary of the terror attacks on our country on 9/11.

Hard to believe, but it is true.

Bern had gone to the grocery store.

I was brushing my teeth when the news broke.

I went into the TV room, toothbrush still in my mouth to watch it unfold.

Both our kids were in NYC.

Mimi came out of the subway just in time to watch the first tower fall.

Cathy, Josh's law school sweetheart and now his wife and our daughter-in-law was on a subway that would pass through the Twin Towers station.

Mimi and Cathy had to walk home across the Brooklyn Bridge because everything had been shut down.

I heard Bern's truck squeal into the driveway.

And I mean 'squeal'.

Then she came running up the steps.

"Have you tried calling the kids?" she shouted.

Of course I hadn't.

It took several hours to get in touch with them.

After that, I went to St. John's in case anyone needed to talk and mourn.

Lots more on the TV at the church about the ongoing tragedy.l

Talking to friends and parishioners took up the rest of the day.

21 years ago tomorrow.

Hard to believe.

And harder to believe it actually happened....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.