Thursday, September 8, 2022

Today's loooong meeting

I was at the Cathedral in Hartford today from 9 a.m. until 3:43 p.m. for an all day (required) meeting on abuse.

The first part was about clergy abuse and the rest about abusers in the parish and abusers of children, the elderly and the disabled.

Parish priests are mandatory reporters of any abuse they discover.

You have only a few hours to report it to the proper agency.

The day was very, very long. We sat at tables on uncomfortable chairs.

Luckily, the presenters were very good and there were slides on a big screen.

We all had to wear masks for the whole thing.

I was glad when I got away.

Either I haven't been paying attention or I haven't been paying attention or I haven't seen much abuse in my 40+ years of priesthood.

And since I was a social worker in child protection for several years, I think I would know it if I saw it.

All in all, a looong day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.