Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Yankees vs. Red Sox

 It doesn't get anymore heated than this: the Yankees will be in Fenway tonight to play the Red Sox.

When I was at Harvard, I went to several Yankee/Red Sox game.

I was putting my well-being at risk!

I've been a Yankees fan my whole life.

When my father was in NYC getting ready to ship out to Europe for WW II, some people gave him and a couple of buddies tickets to a Yankee/Dodger World Series game.

My dad decided which ever team won would be 'his' team.

Needless to say, the Yankees won.

So I grew up in Southern West Virginia rooting for the Yankees.

Ironic, huh?

When I went to Fenway and rooted for the Yankees, people gave me looks that could have been murderous....

Tonight they play.

Go, Yankees!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.