Wednesday, January 25, 2023

The difference between me and Brigit

Brigit is our dog, adopted a couple of years ago. She is part pointer.

The big difference is I'm a human and Brigit is a dog.

Nuf said about that.

But another difference is that I don't think Brigit knows she will die.

I do know that.

I'm 75.

My father lived until 83.

I'll take that--or more.

But, to my knowledge, Brigit has no idea she will die.

It all seems eternal to her.

She's in her forever home and thinks it's forever.

Would it be better if we humans didn't know we would die and death comes as a big surprise? 

I'm not sure.

I'm really not.

What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.