Saturday, April 1, 2023

April Fools' Day

Besides being April Fools' Day, today was my father's birthday. Imagine the grief he must have gotten  from others for being born on this day.

Bern was luckier. She stayed in her mother's womb until tomorrow--April 2nd.

I have tomorrow off from church, so we'll be able to celebrate.

We're going to good friends' house for dinner.

I got her flowers today and gifts for tomorrow.

I would tell you her age, but she wouldn't like that.

Put it this way, she's 3 years younger than me--we met in Latin class in High School when I was a senior thinking I may need a foreign language for college admission and she was a freshman.

And I'll be 76 (I can't believe it!) on April 17th!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.