Friday, April 21, 2023

Home again, home again, jiggidy-jig

I got home today from Holy Cross Monastery in West Park, New York at 2 p.m.

Holy Cross is an Episcopal Monastery--yes, beloved, Episcopalians have monks and nuns.

It was perhaps the 40th Making a Difference Workshop I've helped lead.

I think it might be my last.

I'm getting old and noticed I wasn't as sharp on some of the parts as I used to be. And my knees making walking up stairs hard.

I plan to email Ann, our executive director, to let her know this week.

But this group, I told them at the end, was if not the best, one of the three best groups I've helped to lead.

It was very diverse--three rabbis (two of them women), 5 black folks, a psychologist, a nurse and folks from several denominations from Roman Catholic to Baptist.

And they were great!

So many questions, so many comments, so much excitement.

A good group to have be my last.

But it is so good to be home.

I missed Bern and our dog, Brigit, so much.

I am home again...home again...praise the Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.