Saturday, June 10, 2023

Home again, Home again, Jiggidy-Jig!

We're back!!!

Had to get up at 5:30 to go to Myrtle Beach airport and fly back to Hartford.

John, our friend, had a driver to bring us home.

Brigit was already here--picked up by our next door neighbors Mark and Naomi. They told us "she was the best dog ever."

But we knew that.

I've never seen Oak Island so crowded--and it's June!

We've been in July, August and early September over the years--but I've never seen so many people on the beach before.

Eleanor and Mimi and Tim were a blast.

John wondered what Eleanor (almost 7) will be like at 15.

I share that wondering.

She is so smart and so insightful and manipulates us all even now!

Look out for 15!

It's so good to be home.

The older I get the more I dislike NOT being home.

But it was a good week.

And, I'm glad it's over.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.